Welcome to the first step toward your new lease on life!
Congratulations on the courage you have shown in acknowledging your need to stop smoking and reclaiming your power over it.
You have made a wise choice. And I am here to support you, encourage you, and help you make this process as smooth as possible. I have outlined below my Stop Smoking Protocol. The closer you follow it, the greater your chances for success.
Initial Visit: we establish your medical history
to better understand your underlying imbalances that
inform on your smoking addiction; we discuss the protocol
going forward, including treatments, herbs, lifestyle
and healthy food choices; you will have your first acupuncture
Follow-up treatments: the basis of your treatments
will be 5 points is each ear called the NADA Protocol
(National Acupuncture Detox Association). These
points have been well-researched for the last 30 years
to greatly assist patients through the cravings and
withdrawals associated with any addiction.
- Weeks 1 & 2: 3x/week
- Weeks 3 & 4: 2x/week, depending on your need
- Weeks 5 on: we taper down to once a week so long as you are past your cravings and feel ready to address your underlying imbalances.
- Far-InfraRed Sauna for 20 minutes can be added to
any treatment. Highly recommended in weeks 1
I will be prescribing a customized Chinese herbal formula specific to your needs. For most smokers, the general approach with herbs is to: clear the lungs of multiple layers of infection, decrease inflammation, nourish dryness and calm the spirit.
- Vitamin C: 1000mg 3x/day. Helps with
stress and to restore your body to healthy levels
after years of depleting it through smoking.
- Increase your water intake to at least 6 8oz glasses per day with lemon.
- Epsom Salt baths: daily during weeks 1 & 2, every other day in week 3, 2x/week in week 4.
- 10 minutes of daily meditation or deep breathing
- Healthy food choices: eliminating all toxin-producing foods while focusing on fresh clean whole foods with plenty of fruits and veggies. I can provide you with a helpful guide.
- Cardio exercise at least 3x/week for 30 minutes. Ideally done outside a the beach. Get those lungs ventilated and that heart pumping!
- Spend some time in the produce section at Whole Foods or at a Farmers’ Market. Stop and smell the fruit! Take a moment to savor the flavors, the colors, and the textures. Notice how your taste buds will re-awaken as you further disconnect from tobacco.
- Keep your favorite essential oil on hand to smell anytime a craving arises.
- Write two letters to yourself to mail. The first is to be mailed at the end of the first week. The second one is for the end of the third week. Give yourself sagely advice, a pep talk, a pat on the back, and a little love. You’ll put it in the mail and then receive it at just the right time when you’ll need to hear from this higher Self.
You will receive a thorough and helpful Stop Smoking Program Guide with many more suggestions for how best to ease you through this powerful time of change.
You can do this! And I am here to help.
At any time, if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via email or by phone.